At Cushman & Wakefield, we employ the most talented professionals and invest in superior
resources and technologies to provide our clients with innovative advice and bottom line
The talent of our extraordinary people and the culture and business approach we foster, coupled
with the exceptional, creative services we provide and the results we deliver worldwide for
owners, occupiers, and investors are what really distinguishes Cushman & Wakefield from all
other real estate service firms.
Cushman & Wakefield is currently seeking qualified candidates for the following
Senior Commission Analyst - New York, NY
This position ensures the accuracy and integrity of the financial data in the Commission
Accounting System, the compliance by all branch offices with all contractual and commission
related policies and procedures, and assists the Commission Accounting Manager as needed, in
the training and development of the Corporate and Branch Commission Analysts.
- Analyze, review and approve for income booking purposes those brokerage transactions
entered by the branch offices above their pre-determined approval level. The review
includes a complete documentation review (i.e. lease, commission agreement etc.), calculation
review and all related data entered onto the commission accounting system (AS400).
Approval will result in the deal being booked to the firm’s financial statements, as well
as the respective broker’s accounts.
- Those transactions “not approved” must be addressed with the appropriate Branch
Administrative Manager (or Accountant) until all issues are resolved, thus allowing the
transaction to be booked.
- Ensure that all branch offices are complying with all commission accounting policies and
procedures. This is done via verbal and written communication and will provide the firm
with a high degree of comfort and confidence with its financial data and contractual
commitments to our clients.
- Maintain and update (as necessary) the various commission system interfaces to the general
ledger and oversee the various reconciliations between the two systems. This activity
provides us with the necessary high level of financial reporting integrity and control.
- Continuously monitor proficiency levels of all branch office personnel working on the
system and make recommendations to change (increase or reduce) branch transaction approval
levels based upon their respective proficiency. Communications in this regard should be
forwarded to the Department Manager. Such monitoring is necessary to ensure the integrity
of our financial/commission data. Additionally, it affords the Manager the opportunity to
focus on areas of concern and to take corrective actions.
- Conduct various audit trips to branch offices as directed by the Manager for the purpose of
helping, further train and review local commission processes to ensure compliance with
corporate policies and procedures (transaction review would be those below approval limit not
previously approved in regional office). Expected result is to confirm that all branches
are consistent with their respective commission accounting operations.
- Assist and/or coordinate the application of cash for all “approved”
transactions prior to the next upcoming cash broker payroll cut-off. This function
includes the deposit, application (via batch processing) and filing of all cash receipts.
Such application of cash to “approved” transactions ensures that all cash brokers
will be paid timely and that cash credits are posted to all draw brokers accounts.
- Monitor the monthly Revenue Estimate Deal Log compiled by the Branch Manager or Branch Ops
Manager. This listing from each branch office details all major pending transactions
which are over $50,000 in commission value and have a 90% or greater probability of
closing. Review of the Deal Log provides Senior Management with concise estimates and
assists in planning and evaluating expected EBIT.
- Compile continually a Problem Deal List of those Deals that are unable to be booked due to
explicit or implicit contingencies. Monitor process until able to clear the contingency
and book the Deal.
- Assist Manager with all month end revenue related reconciliations and journal entries. This
would include, but is not limited to, revenue accruals, 5-10-15 bonus accruals and all bad debt
- Perform various month-end reconciliations (i.e.: revenue, cash etc.) between the commission
system and the general ledger. Such reconciliations ensure the reliability of the
commission system financial data.
- BA in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Knowledge of AS400 or similar billing/cash application System.
- Experienced and fluent in PC applications: such as Excel, PowerPoint & Word..
- 3-4 years working experience in the accounting field.
- Strong communication and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of the Real Estate Industry including a familiarity with leasing documents,
commission agreements and broker contracts
- Familiar with compliance to Revenue Regulations (SAB 104) and Commission controls (Italian
- Able to work in a high volume, dynamic, deadline driven environment while coordinating and
performing multiple tasks simultaneously
If you have the skills necessary to thrive in a fast paced environment, we offer a
competitive salary, excellent benefits package and a genuine career opportunity.
To be considered for this position, please email your resume to email@example.com.
Please include “Senior Commission Analyst” in the subject.
No Phone Calls/Agencies Please
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer