At Cushman & Wakefield, we employ the most talented professionals and invest in superior
resources and technologies to provide our clients with innovative advice and bottom line
The talent of our extraordinary people and the culture and business approach we foster, coupled
with the exceptional, creative services we provide and the results we deliver worldwide for
owners, occupiers, and investors are what really distinguishes Cushman & Wakefield from all
other real estate service firms.
Cushman & Wakefield is currently seeking qualified candidates for the following
Chief Engineer – Nashville,
Purpose of the Job
Manage the facility infrastructure and building systems in a safe, efficient, and
cost-effective manner. This position is expected to supervise and direct others who perform
engineering, electrical, HVAC, plumbing, repairs, and maintenance duties in support of the
- Provide direction, guidance and training to the engineering staff, assign work priorities,
determine the extent of repairs and necessary corrective measures, and is responsible for the
heating , air conditioning and critical systems within the facility.
- Oversee the activities of outside contractors and service providers engaged in operational
and/or maintenance support functions.
- Ensure the proper implimentation and operation of the Preventive/Predictive Maintenance
- Ensure that maintenance work orders are completed and accurate; carry priorities and proper
- Ensure that all work performed under his/her supervisor is done in a timely and cost
effective manner according to the applicable codes.
- Assist the Facility Manager with cost saving procedures and formation of operating
and capital budgets.
- Review and approval of utility bills.
- Ensure that the property under his/her responsibility are safe and comply with all Federal,
State, and Local laws and regulations.
- Ensure that environmental procedures and issues are being implemented through the direction
of the client’s in-house environmental management team. Assist in maintaining
compliance with ISO 14001 requirements and auit preparations.
- Assist in developing emergency procedures for the facility, responsible for engineering
staff training on those procedures and engineering staff awareness of those procedures.
- Actively participate in development, maintenance and implementation of life safety,
emergency preparedness and business recovery initiatives for assigned properties.
- Maintain client relations as they relate to the building operations, comfort and
maintaining responsiveness to service calls.
- Inspect the property on an on-going basis to determine the efficiency and effectiveness of
facility personnel (including subcontractors). Areas of inspection should include the
corridors and elevator lobbies, toilets, storage areas, vacant spaces, engineering equipment
rooms, engineers’ office and work areas, security, mechanical and HVAC areas, roofs, and
refuse collection locations.
- Coordinate with Landlord Building Staff to ensure ease of operation for both the client
- Maintain basic administrative files and records relevant to property operations and
occupants. Prepare written reports as required by operating procedures and other incidental
correspondence which is pertinent to the plant operations. Maintain library of pertinent data
relating to operating equipment, fixtures, drawings and plans, and contract services relevant
to each property. Maintain updated file of Material Safety Data Sheets for all chemicals used
at the property.
- Provide Human Resources support in the following areas: maintain current position
descriptions for all –engineering technical and maintenance personnel; participate in the
hiring of all subordinate personnel; conduct orientation, training and on-going education
programs for all engineering personnel; implement and monitor OSHA and other regulatory
requirements for the property.
- Check all inventories of tools and equipment, parts and supplies and oversee the purchase
of required supplies, etc., by individual staff.
- Initiate and authorize expenditures, appropriates and commitments, and pricing strategies
which are within the limitations of delegated authority and for those outside this level,
recommend appropriate action.
- Implement policies and procedures in accordance with published directives, local codes/laws
and procedures to ensure compliance.
- Work closely with the operations staff to ensure that the daily work activity succeeds in
creating maximum cost efficiencies for the client.
- Propose capital improvement programs which ensures that the building maintains a superior
image in the marketplace and introduces cost saving systems and materials to keep operational
expenses to a minimum. Implement the renovation projects in conjunction with corporate
staff to maximize skills, talent and experience.
- Develop and maintain a climate of achievement within the facility that will foster a high
level of employee motivation and commitment to the overall facility and company goals.
Knowledge and Experience
High School (some college or trade school preferred)
10 years – of hands on experience
- Years in Management/Supervisory Position
5 years in lead or supervisory position
HVAC Systems and related MEP Courses
Engineering Certification (as required by state)
CFC Universal Certification
- Excellent Computer Skills including Microsoft Office
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Extremely capable of reading blueprints
- Solid experience with Energy Management, MEP Control Systems and Life/Safety Systems and
- Demonstrated customer service orientation
- Experience in setting up preventative maintenance programs
- Knowledge of central plant operations
- Knowledge of Fire Suppression Systems
- Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) programs.
- Knowledge of UPS / critical systems infrastructure.
If you have the skills necessary to thrive in a fast paced environment, we offer a
competitive salary, excellent benefits package and a genuine career opportunity.
To be considered for this position, please apply via:
** Not Eligible for Employee Referral Incentive**
Phone Calls/Agencies Please
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer